Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 30 August 2012

Messing Around.....

Here's something to try next time you fancy getting messy and inky. I started with a regular 5 x 5 piece of white cardstock, and hunted down some odds and ends of stuff - a scrap of lace, some garden twine, a piece of mesh, masking tape, and some tiny micro beads........



I covered the cardstock with some PVA glue, then started adding the bits and pieces to it in quite a random way.............


then I covered the whole lot in quite a thick layer of PVA glue..............


and left to dry - it dries clear


then I started dabbing it with various colours of Letraset's alcohol inks. The textures show through in a very satisfying way, and by this time, the piece is quite heavy but flexible........

I haven't done anything with it yet, just sat and admired it, but I think I may use it as the cover of a mini album, watch this space. This really is fun to do, let me know when you have had a go so that I can admire your creations. I think the next one I do may include some metal cogs and keys for a cool look. What do you think?



If you are looking for alcohol inks in a liquid form, do look at the Letraset range, gorgeous colours, and very reasonably priced as well

We watched the opening ceremony of the Paralympic games last night, totally inspirational. Here we go again, GO TEAM GB

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Made bigger, it could be a beautiful piece of art to hang on the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks amazing! Think that would work brilliantly as a mini book cover x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun - you are the new Jackson Pollack. Just don't become the tortured soul that he did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Enfys, How effective is this a little messy as you say but totally stunning finish x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh it looks so fabulous! This I must try - I agree with Penny, would make cool art to hang on the wall xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is amazing! I wouldn't have thought about doing this. What a fab idea! Thanks for sharing it. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really love that. I want to make one when we've moved house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out beautiful. Whatever you do with it is going to be just gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, the colours and textures look amazing. I will be giving this a try.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Enfys! I've not heard of PVA glue though. I wonder would Modge Podge work just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Enfys. I've not used alcohol inks yet so I think I had better take a look at them & choose some colours. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Enfys, what an amazing piece of art! I don't think my fingers would like to get that messy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice En! Fun playing with mixed media isn't it.
    I was just wondering when the paralympics would start. Go Team USA! lol
    TFS Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is simply gorgeous, En! Love the colors and the textures - can't wait to see what you'll use it for so keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this - it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is beautiful Enfys.

    I felt sorry for everyone taking part in the opening ceremony because it over-ran by so much and they had been there since quite a while before the start time. We seem to have made a good start with the medals so yes...GO TEAM GB!!!

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great project! Love the colors and can't wait to see what you create with it!
    I have a very good friend who is the captain of the USA basketball team at the Paralympics... such an amazing bunch of athletes... all of them ~ truly inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x