Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Friends who laugh......

Here are those Art Impression ladies again, I kept the card simple, quite a bit of stitching on there, but for 'busy' stamps, I think simple is best. I love the sentiment, there is nothing like having a good laugh with good friends. I love it when you catch someones eye, know what they are thinking, and you both dissolve into helpless weeping laughter..... 


As always, when I am colouring in these stamps, they take on a life of their own in my imagination....so, Nora in the middle is just telling them about the butcher who made a cheeky proposition to her when she was buying her pork sausages "so I said, no thank you dear, I'd  rather have a nice bit of steak...."
Aggie next to her, in the yellow PJ's is laughing, but secretly is very offended. She goes to that butcher as well, and he has never said anything risque to her; she is five years younger than Nora AND has her own teeth.......
Madge with the glasses at the end, is laughing, but secretly wishing they would all shut up and go to bed, it's her house, so she can't go first......
Hattie, in the pink would laugh at anything, she is totally legless, she loves coming for sleepovers at Madges house, because Madges five husbands have made sure that there is always plenty of money for gin before they divorced her.....

See you tomorrow

23 comments:

  1. Cute card Enfys.....And I love the story that goes with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and adore the story that you have to go along with it!! Thanks forn your beautiful cards and your wonderful sense of humor!

    Janette S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Enfys and having read your story it makes me think of 'your' ladies as I look at it.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that gave me a good laugh Enfys. Great card and great image x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what an imagination Enfys - you should write a book :)
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, fab story - brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enfys, who's come out with funny cards in the past, but this one that the cake! What a story teller you are. Love everything about this card. The pj's the colors...
    hugs
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness that is a great story to go with the stamp. I have that stamp too. They are so much fun and you made it even better.
    Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great card and story, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enfys,
    I love this card. I needed a laugh today. I made a card for a challenge over at Cardz TV using your favorite CD....Take a look... I am going to have to get this stamp...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card. Love the ladies too. And you're a great storyteller too. TFS
    Hugs,Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi hun
    lol a fabulous card, a great image & sentiment, luv it hun, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Story Em, loving the card too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card.love all the layers and the laughing girls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what a grand story!! These ladies must have been at the Dunkin Donuts with you this past week! Don't we all know some gals like this?! Love the card, and the story really makes it! Thanks for another chapter in my favorite Enfys stories!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!!! You are so funny...and SO ON their characters!!! GREAT CARD!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, love this card! These gals are wonderful, especially when you give them such personality and a funny story. thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enfys this is a great card and your story just makes the whole thing even better. Sounds like you encountered them in Dunkin Dounuts! Thanks for the laugh,
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card, I just want to be on that sofa too! Love your work, Mars x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your sense of humor....GREAT story (and card)
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the ladies laughing card and such a cute story. Great fun.

    Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@Aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this illustration! :)))

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x