Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 29 February 2012

WOYWW and First Communion Cards....

Wednesday again - already, it can't be, I only just had Sunday.......So it's time for a crafty snoop around the craft desks of the world, and here's mine, looking quite tidy for a change, but still fairly representative of my grasshopper personality - a little bit of Cricut, a little bit of colouring, a little bit of this and a little bit of that......Hop over to Julia's blog if you want to join in with the biggest crafty weekly blog hop in the world. I hope that I can get around everyone this week, last time I took part my computer was playing up and I got tired of leaving messages that said 'hpy WYW le yer cd yur dsk loos tdy his wk' and decided everyone else would be pretty fed up of trying to decipher them as well (In the end, it wasn't my computer at all, just a surplus of biscuit crumbs that some gremlin had deposited in the nooks and crannies of the keyboard. How did that happen?) 



The stamped images above were a misguided attempt to make a card for my sweet little granddaughter Kiki who is taking her first communion in May. As I am not a Catholic, I wanted to make a special card but really didn't have a clue what you said on this occasion. Common sense prevailed and I realised that a cute girl image wouldn't really fit the bill here, so they will make their way onto another card, on another day.  Here is what I came up with, the easel card base is by Craftwork Cards, the silhouette figure was cut with my Cricut from the Inspired Heart cartridge, and the sentiments were computer generated...... 



The ribbon is peach seam binding, and the charm is a little silver one......



Her cousin Dorothea is having her first communion in the same service, so two cards were needed. I made the same one, with a couple of minor adjustments, why reinvent the wheel?


I did the sentiment with the names on the cards by making a home made rub-on. I am sure I have put how I do this on here before, but some of you may not have seen it, or I may have sent you to sleep and you missed it.....

Type your sentiment in the chosen font on your computer. Click on print. Go to advanced print options. You will see 'mirror image OFF' click it to read 'mirror image ON'
Insert a sheet of an ordinary transparency into your printer with the slightly rough side up, so that it prints onto the smooth side. Print.
The ink will stay wet for ages, so let it settle a bit, then carefully position it over your card so the ink side is down, and the wording is exactly where you want it. Hold the sheet firmly, and rub with a craft stick, just as you would transfer any rub-on sentiment. The great thing is that if the ink is a bit patchy for some reason, you can go over it with a fine tip pen.

I'll be back tomorrow, when my desk will look a lot more untidy than it does today...   

52 comments:

  1. WOW, they will love them!!! Thanks for the tip about printing sentiment, it will come in handy! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip on the sentiment. Your cards are pretty.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fantastic cards Enfy, They will be fantastic keepsakes for these 2 wee girls. Thanks for the info on the sentiments.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are beautiful. I never know what to write for 1st communion cards either, so I usually end up just being general with "God Bless You!"
    If I were to put a picture of my desk, you wouldn't see the desk at all. I'm "redoing" my room and hopefully there will be a bit more organization soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely idea to put a silver charm in your card. your handmade card is a precious memento for such a special event. that's a great tip about printing on transparency. is that an acetate sheet? happy WOYWW, and thanks for sharing!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful first communion cards. I love how you did the names also. As always, I love your ideas and the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone can see all the love that went into making these, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tip on the homemade rub on, had forgotten that one. I'm sure that Kikki and her cousin will love their cards!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Enfys. The girls will love them

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving your crafty snoop and gorgeous communion cards...great tip about the lettering...big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cards are really beautiful and so unusual...gorgeous.
    xx 104

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous classy cards (and the other images will come in handy) (Hazel, WOYWW #5) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful cards Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. they are just beautiful en! thank goodness for cricut to the rescue :)
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. My computer is 'ours' so I'm not the only one who uses it. After Don has spent some time here, I always have to dump out the keyboard. Ashes, and crumbs of all sorts! Lovley cards En! The girls will love them. Tell them congratulations, it's a very important step for them. TFS Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Enfys these are just gorgeous and fit the occasion perfectly, well done. Thank you for the tip for making rub-ons I will give it a go.
    Hope you are keeping well as I haven't been around blogland for such a long time but hope to be back very soon
    Max

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Enfys, I love your communion cards. Kiki and company will love it. Have a great day.
    Hugs
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enfys I LOVE these cards. I don't have that cartridge but I'm thinking that it needs to go on a wish list. Thanks for inspiring me once again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your cards and I need to make one so this is perfect! Thank you so much!
    janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh so beautiful are your cards they are so pretty and great a great keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What beautiful cards, keepsakes that will be treasured. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always enjoy the story behind the cards. But I like seeing the cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Crumbs under the keyboard, I wouldn't know anything about that. I think there are enough crumbs in my keyboard to support a mouse family of 15.
    Your timing is perfect. My grandson is making his First Communion soon and with a few changes your card will be perfect. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really lovely cards. While the girls may not realize how special they are, their parents will! I will try the sentiment on the transparency idea. Thanks for sharing that again!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards, the two girls will love them fabulous keepsakes, such care you have taken they are Perfect, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really gorgeous cards! I really like the silhouette image. Thanks also for the info on homemade rub-ons. I'd never heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such beautiful cards.

    I had to giggle about the crumbs...

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. The cards are beautiful! Thanks for the tip on making your own rub-ons.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your cards are just perfect! Thank you for the tip about the rub-ons - I will be trying that for sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cards are so beautiful. Thank you for the transparency lesson. I'm very anxious to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those first communion cards are great! You did a fabulous and elegant job! Have a great WOYWW! -Amanda 80

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely cards and great tip for printing thanks! I am addicted to Pinterest!! I have searched for you on there but couldn't find you. x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful cards Enfys, really gorgeous, and fitting I think, that you give them the same. One day...one day, I might get around to trying all these fab computer based ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, these cards are so beautiful. And thanks for the little tutorial. I'm going to try this some day.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very pretty cards!! And I've never seen that tip on making your own rub-ons...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very lovely cards, Enfys. So sweet. I love easel cards for such special occasions, so they can be displayed. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow that communion card is absolutely gorgeous sure they will treasure them.
    Happy woyww
    judex 10

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for the rubon tip. I will havr to try this. Lovely communion card.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Those cards are just lovely ... considering you were not sure which way to go to begin with I think you got them spot on!!! Debbie #89

    ReplyDelete
  41. What beautiful cards. Happy Thursday to you, hope you enjoy this week's snoop around the oh so creative spaces & take care. Zo xx 83

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh the Communion cards are stunning, great tip about the 'homemade rub on' sentiments. Hope your having a great week Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, your cards are absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Kiki is a fabulous name (I have a 'thing' about hard sounding k's in names) and your card is just beautiful.
    Hugs Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the 1st Communion card... I've got to make one soon for my DD in Germany to give to her neighbours child so thanks for your lovely insight!
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your cards are beautiful and thanks for the tip about printing sentiment.
    I will try it when I manage to get a card to work at last!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Perfect keepsake cards. Simple in style but so effective. Thank you for reminding us of the "rub on" technique. I remember seeing it before but had forgotten how to do it - it is now in my book for future reference. Have a good week. xx Maggie #9

    ReplyDelete
  48. The cards are so lovely! Love the personalized sentiments and thanks for the tip on how to use the transparencies - I'm going to try this one of these days - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Very nice elegant looking card...a perfect keepsake card!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hmmm - when you find the biscuit gremlin, will you send him over here? I need to have words with him too.....

    Love the Communion cards, they're lovely! Thanks for the tip about the home made rub-ons!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love these cards and will definately be casing them, great job and congrats to your grand daughter on her 1st Holy Communion!

    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x