Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 20 June 2011

Sweet Meadow

Look what came in the post - this month's totally gorgeous pack from Craftwork Cards called Sweet Meadow
This is just up my street, I always love the colour combo of fresh green and pink, and of course in the monthly pack you get all sorts of goodies - tags, label shapes, buckles, sentiments just to name a few. A lot of you ask about Card Candi, they are the little round shapes you see in the foreground of the photo below - gorgeous little domed shapes of cardstock, available in every colour under the sun, none of the hassle of brads, just pop them on with a little foam pad. They are much, much cheaper than brads as well, you get hundreds (well, a lot) in a pack, I love them. They are available in the USA now as well if any of you want to try them - try Scrapbook.com

These are the first two cards I made, using nothing but one of the papers and some buttons and thread - I love that very narrow sentiment strip as well
For this second card, I wanted to add real buttons over the printed ones on the paper, and didn't have any in the right colours, so I punched two small holes in card candi, they look just like buttons, and add the dimension I was looking for. I cut a couple of the flowers out of another sheet and popped those on, bending the petals a bit to give some life to the flowers
As you read this, I will hopefully be on holiday in Spain. I am taking my laptop, so hope I can keep in touch while I am there, but I have scheduled posts that will pop up while I am away.
OLE!

16 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards, lovely colour combination and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Enfys wow love your card its certainly pretty. Hope you have a wonderful holiday and its warmer than here at home. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Spain, how fun. We went in the early 70's and while in Barcelona we saw a suit of armor and had to have it. He's been in our household ever since! Have fun. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh,Spain! That is the great thing about livin in the UK. Europe is just a hop and a passport away! lol I hope you're having a wonderful time. But put the latop away... have some fun with your sweetie or kids or who ever you are going with. Enjoy and then share some about your trip.
    Hugs, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards as usual, Enfys. I love card candy. I just bought the plain white ones and colour them with my Promarkers so they totally match my colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Cards! TFS
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree put your laptop away and just enjoy yourself and your family.. we will be waiting patiently to hear all about your trip when you get home... How exciting Spain.. I love how you added the real buttons.. hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  8. :Lovely card, don't worry about us, we will be her when you get back! However when you leave Spain, it is gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them both, the flower stamps are just gorgeous and I am already a big fan of card candi:) Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful cards Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Now get off your laptop and go enjoy your holiday! Have enough fun for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful cards, love the colour combo and I often wondered how the kits came.
    Have a lovely holiday.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are so pretty! I am a new follower. I sure do hope you are feeling better soon.

    Craftelicous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bag the laptop and just have fun with your sweetie! Hope you're having a blast.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card! I also love the button idea! Thanks for sharing. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x