Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 1 June 2011

And talking of Giraffes.......

I seem to have been in a giraffe type of mood last week. Here is another big G card, made with another oldie and goodie stamp. Of course the stamp is in the USA and I am back home, so I can't remember the maker
I stamped him with memento tuxedo black ink, and coloured with Promarkers. More stitching - this time I used a straight stitch, then changed to zig zag, then back to straight. Looks interesting, or it would if it wasn't wobbly..........


The Cricut E2 caused a bit of a furore in Newark airport. I had it in my hand luggage, didn't trust the hold for such a precious bit of kit. It went through security with no problems in Tampa, but in Newark, alarm bells rang! It went through the x-ray machine THREE times, I watched them manhandling it with my heart in my mouth. Then a security officer came over....'what is this exactly?'
I explained.
'Well I do scrapbooking' she said ' and my friend has a Cricut, it looks nothing like this one'
Gulp
So I explained again, trying madly to remember the workings of the E2, which I haven't used yet...........
'Wait here please'
She made a call, we waited......
Then another security person turned up
'ooh, the new E2' she squealed ' I wanted to see one of these'
So after a friendly discussion on the best cartridges, I was free to go

After a red eye flight with only a little doze to keep me going, my eyes are closing as I write this, so see you all tomorrow. By the way, I am freezing, it was only about 62F (16C) today, a bit of a shock to the system

19 comments:

  1. Glad to here you made it back safe and sound. I love this Giraffe, she has such an appealing face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. themessycraftroomWednesday, June 01, 2011

    Great card, love your Giraffe such beautiful animals. Hope you feel better after your rest. It's amazing where all us crafters pop up from. Take care. x ChrisBHugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Giraffe image and your colouring Enyfs !! FAB card !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are home safe and sound with your E2 in hand!
    Love this card. I have a lovely set that has a giraffe or two in it and this reminds me I should get it out and play with it.
    See you when you are refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful giraffe! I love his long eyelashes. Glad you had a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How frightening to have your new baby man-handled!!! I'm so excited you have the new machine -- I only follow a few blogs (yours of course and a couple others); I got my e2 and have scarcely seen anyone yet to mention it on their blogs -- I've created a few things, but am anxious to see what marvelous things you create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Giraffe..only you Enfys would get that sort of reception at airport security! The rest of us would have been hauled off straight away. You make a new friend! Sorry to hear about the shock to the system the temps are causing. Will try to send you some of my heat... mid 90's today!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card,my eldest daughter is absolutely nuts over giraffes ,she would love that card
    well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leave it to you to cause havoc at the airport lol, wonder is she a blogger and will start following you lol. Love your gorgeous card, look at those eyelashes, i would kill for those lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet giraffe. I can laugh with you now regarding your problems getting through security; however, at the time it sure wasn't funny. The same thing happened to me years ago but with the baby Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'm so glad they didn't wan to confiscate it!!!! I love giraffes because they have the most beautiful eyes! And long lashes. I hope you're all rested up and can play with the E2 today!
    Be well, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Giraffe, and your story going through the security stations is cute. Thank goodness for fellow scrappers!

    Our security level is high though, and better not to take chances. I'm so happy someone recognized the E2 before they disassembled it to make sure it was nothing!

    Hopefully you are home and beginning to readjust, hugging those young ones and settling right in!

    Blessings and happy scrapping, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Giraffe is stunning - as is your card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL card!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh I love your giraffe. She has the sweetest looking face. What a funny E2 story. That can only happen to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow this is beautiful, love that giraffe. Hope you have had a lovely nights sleep now and feel a little more refreshed.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab stamp and I love how you've stitched. I can't imagine going back and forth like you do but glad you're home safe with your new toy! xxD

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x