Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 4 March 2011

Handmade Flowers....

Over at Polkadoodles today, our challenge was to use three handmade flowers on our card - they can be any sort of flowers - punched, handcut, whatever, just not Primas or ready made.
I printed off papers in a gorgeous neutral colourway from All Around and Everywhere CD and used this on the inside and front of the card. I then folded a flap back on the front and secured it with a foam pad. The black scrolls are from the Mothers Day cartridge, cut on the Cricut.
I put some spotty card candy, available from Polkadoodles down the front.....
I cut the flowers from the George cartridge at different sizes, and spritzed the cuts with some water with perfect pearls mixed in, then crumpled up the flowers (wetting the cuts relaxes the fibres in the cardstock and makes it easier to crumple). They were then layered up with a candy dot and some glitter in the centre. The finished flowers have a lovely splodgy sort of sheen. I didn't put a sentiment on, it will go into my 'any occasion' box.
Talking of altered flowers, here are some more I made - this card is on the Craftwork Cards blog today, pop over if you would like to see it, I would love to know if you like it.


A friend asked me if I would help her put some stuff she no longer wanted onto ebay. So I went round yesterday and helped to sort the stuff out, did a bit of research on price, took the photos, edited them, helped her find her ebay account name (she has only used it once, when I set it up for her and showed her how to use it, about two years ago). All this took quite a time as you can imagine. Eventually we found her user name and password tucked away in an old diary. Time for another cup of tea......all this went on for a whole afternoon, until we were finally ready to go on and list her items. 'Your account is blocked' announced ebay, in big bold red letters. By this time we had, frankly, lost the will to live, but we pressed on. It turns out that she has an outstanding debt from two years ago and she can't possibly use ebay until it is settled.
How much?
£0.01
Yes, she has been cast out into the wilderness for a penny!

Have a great weekend, see you tomorrow


29 comments:

  1. First of all - what a FABULOUS, STUNNING card! Love it!

    As for Ebay and your friend - well.... I'm lost for words - all that trouble you went to, and bared for a penny - beggars belief!

    Judi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ridiculous e-bay-ness!! lol. Tell her is she needs a loan, I can lend her the money... lol. That's crazy. Thanks for the giggle. Meanwhile LOVE your flowers... you have me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Enfys, beautiful card, love the flowers. Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what beautiful flowers and LOVE the design of this card, En! Such a fresh, new style! Fabulous and elegant!
    PS... I couldn't play along with the Polkadoodles challenge as I had planned... my printer is out of blue ink and won't print in black only. Very finicky creature, that printer is. But how...I'm working on a card right now with a handmade flower, so looks like I'm back in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. En, this is stunning! Your flowers are GORGEOUS and I love the turn back on the card front. HMMMM, you may be seeing that one soon! You're always an inspiration! (EBAY!...BLAH!) xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation, stunning in the black, silver and white. Loving your flowers and how you folded the card back. Your poor friend, probably wasn't even her fault!! A penny, kids throw them away these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh just love this hun really is stuning adore,the layout and the flowers are great as for ebay well it just,is,just makes the mind boggle,hugs cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards and flower sets are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your latest cards with the "candi". I'm definitely stopping over there. I think your little flowers on the Craftwork Cards Blog are wonderful. I love the simplicity of them. I hope you're having a great time on your cruise. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card, Enfys, hope you don't mind mind me using the idea. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, Enfys! Love the flowers and those card candies are calling my name LOL!

    ;)Melody

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so elegant. Love the plain black and white.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhhh wowwwwww Enfys,what a wonderful card,I love the flowers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love handmade flowers and these are lovely. Beautiful card!
    I'm surprised they didn't just charge her credit card for that stinkin' penny! If any of the 'stuff' is crafty or vintage, you could also try Etsy.com it's a great venue for handmades and supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your flowers! That's my weekend project - making flowers for my cards. I've got several tutorials set aside and love these as well, so I hope to get lots of cards made this next week! Both flowers are very pretty. Thank you for sharing.

    Your friend will get everything settled up with ebay and sell her wares.

    Blessings for a wonderful weekend, Donna
    grandma4five





    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning card, En. I love the flowers and that polka dot candy is gorgeous. I may have to treat myself!!
    I hope your friend doesn't leave the country is she owes 1p!!!! Talk about daft!!! Reminds me of the Tax Office but that's another and very boring story.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, I'd feel tempted to take the penny and plunk it on the desk of who ever's in charge at Ebay!!!
    I love your card, it' much more pleasant to look at than think about the gremlins at ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, unbelievable!!! I can't believe Ebay actually blocked her for a penny!!! That's really ridiculous! Sorry that happened to you guys after spending all afternoon preparing everything.

    Enfys as always your card, and your flowers, are just lovely. I really like how you backed the card with the foam. It's just a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh En, this one is gorgeous and I love how you have done your flowers will definately have a try at them. What a palaver for your friend, it would have been enough to put me off.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea to fold back part of the front of the card!! It's beautiful too as always! happy scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards!!! And the e-bay story....priceless!!! Know one can tell a story like you can!!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGOSH!!!!! AWESOME,AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS!!!!! luv luv this...is that shaped card(was to busy drooling to read correctly)..and where did you get that CD???

    theres another reason why I don't do ebay....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Enfys, your card is so beautiful. A great shape, and the flowers are simply awesome.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  24. stunning cards en...love how you made those gorgeous flowers...what a nonsense all about one measly penny..shall we have a whip round for E-bay....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Enfys stunning card, love the flowers they look fabulous. with hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nothing with Ebay surprises me....Your card is fabulous En, those flowers are just glorious! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  27. So beautiful Enfys.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow...what an awesome card! Beautiful work! Ha Ha on eBay. I can't believe they did that for just one penney.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your flowers on here are stunning En. They look fabulous with the pearly finish and I love the folded petals.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x