Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 21 March 2011

Beach Babes

Here's one of two cards I made for Scrappy go Lucky's blog using Art Impressions Beach Babes stamps, available from the store.
I stamped the image direct onto cardstock, then airbrushed around it with yellow for sand, and some sky blue. I stamped the image again onto white card, and coloured the 'babes' in, then cut each one out and stuck it onto the base image with foam pads. I love the sentiment
Happy 29th birthday from your 110 lb friend!



As I coloured them in, these ladies took on a life of their own, and developed distinct personalities. Edna, in the purple really doesn't like Madge in the green swimsuit - Madge goes a lovely shade of brown, whilst Edna just goes reddish. Brenda on the right doesn't really like any of them, she is only there for the beer, and is lost in a little alcohol induced world of her own. None of them like
Aggie in the turquoise, she is the only one without a cocktail glass, they only ask her along because she doesn't drink and will drive them all home when they are smashed. Poor Aggie loves them all, bless her, she thinks she is so lucky to have such glamorous friends.
You can see the other card on Scrappy go Lucky's blog

It's been a whirlwind week, as well as helping out at the Olympia craft show, we did sterling duty as babysitters, which was a joy of course, and saw all the family. Spirits were dampened a little (well, a lot) when we got home last night and found that the dratted leak into my craft cupboard which we thought was fixed has started up again. I had to throw away a whole black sack full of soggy papers and ribbons, and even more annoyingly the water had ruined an almost complete project for a magazine commission. Hey ho, back to the drawing board......

Tomorrow sees the start of a super ProMarker giveaway. Be sure to pop by. See you then


34 comments:

  1. This is just fantastic!!! Love the sentiment, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card made me smile and the "story" of the characters had me laughing! Sorry to hear that the dratted leak is back! The supplies were bad enough but the magazine commission would be enough to have you gnashing your teeth! Have my fingers crossed that you get it fixed ASAP once and for all!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stamp, super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card and sentiment....lol. What a great scenario about the babes...love it! Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your leak!

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "bathing beauties" made me laugh out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beach babes! Great job coloring them all. Love the great imagination you have with these ladies, you are just too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg en i adore this card!! they are all just so fab!!!!!!!! and oh poop on the dratted cupboard leak hun, hope you get it sorted soon, sorry to hear it messed up some projects you were doing too. huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, however, these are amusing ladies, a great motive.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous crd Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Enfys

    this made me smile, such a fun card!

    Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh what a delightful card! I love the wonderful personalities you have given these beauties. I think I would have to classify myself as a very confusing blend of all those personalities.

    What fun it would be to join these colorful ladies as they bask in the warm sunny day, sipping their chilled beverages and join in the friendly conversation.

    Hugz,
    ♥Carol♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! I love it! I must get this stamp! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Envys - What a fun card love those beach babes. Sorry to hear you've got a rotten leak too - all that work and paper - just ruined! Hope you get it sorted.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Enfys
    oh brill card, luv the image, fabulous colour work as always, luv it, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant!!! That stamp is absolutely fabby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Enfys, Great card and I enjoyed the story to go with it. Glad you had a fabby weekend but spoilt somewhat with the disaster in your craft 'cupboard' Hope you can get it sorted.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love these ladies! And their personalities do indeed fit their images! lol What a lovely imagination you have!
    So sorry to hear about the water destroying so much.I'd be furious if that happened to me! I hope you're able to create another piece for te project that is due soon. Take care, and go buy some more papers! lol Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. LMAO! You are wayyy too funny Enfys. Love, love,love this card. TFS, Mary M

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your beach ladies are adorable and your story brings them to life. I can just picture them sitting there taking in the scenes around them and gossiping about everyone that passes by. Oh I am so sad about your leaky cupboard. What a disaster. A whole project ruined, how awful.
    Hugs,
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great way to start my Monday! Maybe not for you - so sorry about your leak and the loss of your work and supplies. But, glad you had a successful weekend, time with family and a great time!

    This card made me laugh so hard! I'm going over to the other site to see the other you mentioned!

    Great work!
    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this card! So darn cute. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know how you handled that, Enfys. Of course you had to, but I would have been so distressed at everything being ruined again. I'm sending you happy thoughts and sunshine, though you seem to find that with your great attitude ;- ) I sent you comment on that great card when they posted it on Scrappy go lucky and I will steal that sentiment some time. I have a whole group of friends it fits. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hey Enfys, I love how you have made these characters come to life!! your work is beautiful and still my top blog to follow!! thanks for sharing! happy scrapping...

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is such a cute card! I love the sentiment also.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun card!! I love the image!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You made me laugh so hard with this card and the story that goes with it. So sorry about your wet mess.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this card ;). I gotta get this stamp, then come back & scraplift yours ;););)...... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Enfys,
    No matter how my day has gone or is going reading your blog always puts a smile on my face. You know how much I love your girly cards...
    A follower of yours that enjoys your great blog...........

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a GREAT card!!! luv your ladies...me and my sisters can relate!!!!!! LOl

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH How `fabulous`Enfys...cant beat those ladies!!hope your all well...enjoy your day:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super cute, these ladies make me smile. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x