Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 27 January 2011

Hugs and Kisses for Penny Black Challenge

I haven't had time to do a challenge for yonks, so when I saw that the challenge over on the
Penny Black site this week was using something new, well, how could I resist - out came the Letraset airbrush again!
I love this little stamped image, it is perfect for quick cards as you hardly need to do any colouring. Papers are by Heidi Grace, the border punch is Recollections from Michaels and the spotty buttons are by Papermania. The sentiment stamp is Stampin Up - I popped a little punched heart (waste from the Martha Stewart heart border punch) to dot the letter i
I stamped the image, cut the circle out with a nestability die, then left the die in place whilst I airbrushed around the masked image, my fingernails, and a completed card I had foolishly left nearby. I will get the hang of it, but the results are worth a bit of uncontrolled ink where it shouldn't be :)



Packing was a bit of a marathon. I gaily chucked stuff into the case, then realised I was packing stuff in such a haphazard way that I would once again find myself without the right pair of shoes/trousers/top. So out it all came, I organised into little neat piles, discarded a few things.....there, that's better. Until I check the weather for LA, hmm, much warmer than I thought it would be. So out it all came, and I dug out some lightweight stuff. Then Diane (who you probably know as Capadia) emailed me. The convention centre is rather chilly apparently, they have the air up very high. So, off I go again, trying to match layers and discovering that half the stuff I spent ages looking for is hanging neatly in a closet in Florida................honestly, this went
on ALL day! I am only there for five days and the case weighs a ton, nothing new there then
Apparently there are huge storms going up the east coast - I am flying to New York (8 hours), a three hour stopover, then another 6 hours to LA. So I am quite expecting delays somewhere along the way
I'll pop here and post as soon as I can.

30 comments:

  1. Hope you can get there without to many delays and frustration! I'm sooo jealous, but then again I'd just fall in love with everything and want it all, so it's best I'm not going to see it all! Have fun!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just the sweetest! That lil' doggy with the big ol' eyes couldn't be cuter...and I'm now coveting those buttons! :-) Have a great trip...I'm on the East Coast enjoying (ha!) the snowstorm. Hope it doesn't keep you grounded. TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craziness, although I do love the airbrushed look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a smooth trip and no running into snow on the East Coast. I also will be in LA all next week, but not at CHA. Have a great time! When I went a few years ago it flat wore me out, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card! very cute!
    Have safe travels and here in california (I live about an hour from LA) and its very windy right now but warm in the high 70's. bring a light sweater and that should be fine. The convention center is chilly but it does warm up with all those ppl in there so be prepared to tie it around your waist, youll get warm inside too :) Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card. Have a safe trip. TFS
    bhoward at kci dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful sweet card Enfys.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this cute little dude en....have a great time at cha...safe trip and don't go talking to any strange men with stormtrooper costumes while laid over in NYC...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Enfys, the airbrushing is very impressive! I so adore that little image another for my list. Hope you have someone with strong arms going along with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! I can sympathize with you. I have been known to leave a path of destruction until I figure out how to use a new "toy" :)

    Your card is adorable and I am loving the Letraset airbrushing!!!

    Have a safe (and fun) trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really CUTE card! I hope you don't end up with a lot of delays....Have fun...can't wait to hear about your CHA FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enfys, I just love your comments. Good luck on your trip to LA. I live in NY State; we don't have as much snow as the city. You're right, there probably will be delays, but maybe they'll push a lot of that snow right into the water. I can't wait to hear your adventure stories, and I hope you have a wonderful time at CHA!
    -nu2scrap-

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to use that stamped image of the dog, where did that come from?

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, another cute one! Have a great time, hopefully our East Coast weather won't be too bad!
    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you have a wonderful time and a wonderful trip. Stay safe! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy and safe travels to you Enfys!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh En, this is just adorable

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! What a trip! Be careful, and make sure to eat and nap a bit, so you won't be jet lagged. I know you'll have a wonderful time,wish I could be there. But it is what it is. I can't wait to hear from you all while you are there. Of course you'll all be very tired, but very excited too.
    Take care, Hugs
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yeah! There is a bit of snow on the east coast! I hope there aren't too many delays for you! What a long trip for you!
    This card is adorable! Sometimes when I see people using an air brush, I just marvel at how they can control where the paint goes. I'm sure I'd have it all over the place. I have a hard enough time with Glimmer Mist and such, no less trying to control paint or inks like that. I think you did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Enfys
    aww gorgeous card, super cute image, lovely papers & design, luv the colour combo, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Enfys thats so cute, and your air brushing is coming along brilliantly. Gorgeous card. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. hope you aren't snowed in like the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is adorable. Love the colors & design.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute card. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Darling card Enfys....honestly...I could never keep up with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. God Bless and hope you make it okay. The weather in the east is nasty. Have a wonderful time and kick back and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Enfys,
    I hope the weather doesn't interfer with your trip. I know that you and Diane are going to have a grand time at CHA. The weather here in Southern Calif. has been absolutely gorgeous this whole week. It will definitely give you a nice brake from all that stormy weather that the Eastern seaboard has been having. Hope you guys take a few breaks during CHA to step outside and actually enjoy the outdoors.
    Have fun and keep all of us posted.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  28. So beautiful card Enfys,I love the image.
    So gorgeous papers and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x