Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 16 October 2010

Oh no! I'm late.....

Here's what I have been up to - a very good friend was celebrating a special birthday with a party today, I asked her husband who had arranged it all if I could help set up the tables. What was the colour scheme?
Well bless him, he had been out and bought the bright birthday balloon tablecloths that aren't usually seen at a party past the age of six. Now my friend is an elegant and sophisticated woman, who would probably have chosen a scheme of hot pink and silver....... you get the picture. So I dashed out to get tissue paper and was still making dratted paper flowers at 2 a.m, I made about forty of the things, but it was worth it, we scattered groups of them around, and the tables looked great, really bright and funky. It was a super party, thank you Howard and Carol xx

I am a day late posting my Polkadoodles card for this week. We were asked to make something

SPOOKY

Before I get to my card, I can't tell you what fabulous stuff the design team have come up with for this challenge, creative bunch. Do go over and take a peek, and of course if you join in with the challenge, there are blinkies and a prize up for grabs each week

For my card, I sprayed the background white cardstock with some black krylon spray webbing, it gives a very random spooky effect, (and added a bit of a modern art feel to the red green and blue paint splashes already on my garage floor)

.......... whilst I waited for it to dry, I printed out elements from the autumn section of the Sundae of Seasons CD, available from Polkadoodles. I printed her out already coloured in, all I had to do was cut her out with the pumpkins and stick her on with foam pads.



I painted the pumpkins with Glossy Accents


the sentiment was printed out as well


I will draw the winner of the 'best of both worlds' blog candy tomorrow.... see you then

21 comments:

  1. Love the card, not sure if someone that cute can be called spooky, but heck she is a witch right!?!? Very nice.
    Great job on the decorations for the party too. Sounds like it was a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thats so cute en, love the spooky background too!! what a cool effect. huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your card is fantastic. I like it how you made the pumpkins.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous witch and such a "spooky" card .....so very cute!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAwww bless him, well done for the gorgeous flowers as you say very funky, glad you had a good time!
    Love your spooky card:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is looking very fine Enfys as are your glossy pumpkins! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. you saved the day for the Birthday Party, It is amazing what you can do when really pressured. Your card is awesome, not the original ghosts and ghouls. I love it!Keep up the good work.
    Bev V

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Enfys Im so glad that the party went down well even if the colouring wasnt quite what you expected, I find me always seem to like outlandish colours anyway.
    Love your witch card, and the background is fabulous with the pumpkins to. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card and love the spooky background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the black webbing. I've been playing with the gold webbing, that's fun too. Marvelous "save" on the party!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! Love that witch...she is adorable and those glossy pumpkins are so vibrant! Dig that bg paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad that you were able to "rescue"Z the party decorations. It looks magnificent!

    The witchy webby card is adorable, too, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card!!!! The bg is awesome! Love those flowers you made for your friend's birthday table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute to be spooky I the background is really what gives it the spooky look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card turned out so cute! I
    love how you sprayed it. It gave it just the right touch to make the
    imagines stand out! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Maryellen

    ReplyDelete
  16. great Card! Love the background....

    ReplyDelete
  17. This little witch is juat too cute to spook. Love the background. You saved the day for your friend,s birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Enfys, love that card :D

    if you have time...
    check my blog, there's a Breast Cancer Awareness/Girl Power Blog Hop going on :D

    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the card especially the webbing x Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute! What a friend you are! 40 tissue paper flowers in one day!!! The tables looked great! They might not have been what she would have chosen, but The bright and cheery colors were great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very Adorable.

    Hrvatica

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x