Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Live Simply - Rabbit Card

I am a bit addicted to these Lite Cricut cartridges, yes they are expensive ($40 for 50 images), yes, it's irritating that they are only available at Walmart in the USA so you can never find them on sale, but the layering on the ones I have is superb. I couldn't resist picking up 'Live Simply', here's what I made with it as soon as it came out of the box.
The rabbit was cut at 4", and the flowers at 3 1/2". The double sided red check paper is from a pack I picked up at Tuesday Morning, sentiment by Craftwork Cards

I rather like the effect of the reversed checks, and how it looks on a black background




Mike has arrived in the US. His plane landed on Sunday evening, and of course I went to pick him up, a bit nervously, as last time I went to the airport I got on the wrong road and had to drive across a 15 mile long bridge to turn around. This time I got there okay, aided by my sister who is better at reading American signs than understanding the spoken word. They have a system in Tampa airport when you are picking someone up that you can only park for about a nano-second, after which a fierce looking chap starts blowing a whistle and making frantic 'move out of here' signals with his arms.
So because I didn't want to take the scenic route again, I was early, missed the turn for the short stay car park, so drove very very slowly past the gesticulating man, round the block, slow down..................... stop and ignore the whistle, jumping in mock surprise when he bustles up to the window and tells me to move on. 'My husbands plane has landed' I plead 'he will be out in a minute'. 'Where from?' he barked, then pointed to a huge display that I had totally overlooked telling us that the plane wouldn't land for another ten minutes. 'Move on' ordered the bossy little man. By this time I had been around the block so often I was getting giddy, and I perfected a way of driving that meant I only moved at about an inch every minute. Clever stuff. So I out-witted the whistling man by taking about 20 minutes to drive a few yards. Every time he whistled and waved his arms about I was able to demonstrate that I was moving. In the end he got fed up and went to harass someone else. Small victories are so sweet............

23 comments:

  1. What an adorable card Enfys. I haven't bought any of the light carts yet, I'll have to cave in and buy some soon. I know what you mean about those guys at the airport I had to deal with them years ago when I lived in St. Pete. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rabbit-card is sooooo cute.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh en this is just gorgeous, i love the paper, its fab. and well done on your little whistling man victory!!!! lol!! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, En! The papers are quite appealing and the cuts are darling! My WM has the same 4 carts everytime I go, and Live Simply is not one of them. Of course not... that's the one I WANT. That would be way too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheeky but at least you managed to pick up Mike, fabulous card by the way I love the three colour reverse look. With love and hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwww Enfys,So beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Enfys!
    Love this card! Very nice.
    Yes, I can identify with your trip to the airport. I have encountered that bossy man many times. Rarely will he let you slide over and park curb side, even for just a few minutes...The endless circling can drive you nuts.
    DebbyS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi En,
    Just spent the last hour or so catching up with your blog. Never got round to phoning you to arrange a meet up, completely forgot!!! When you're home we'll try then. Cards are brilliant as always.
    Chat soon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You give a man a whistle and they think they are the boss. I love the story and that you won in the end. Good thinking.
    I love your card too. I agree the Lite are high but they do layer nice. I got a couple on sale well I use an ad from another store. They will take it sometimes. I only have 4. I am hopping Black Friday they will have a big sale. I don't think they are selling to good because of the cost.
    Hope you have a great time with your hubby. How long are you here?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am first today..cool, I love your story and I love your card....I also like how the checker effect works well with the black background.....TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card and I love the effect of the checks reversed on the black. The rabbit and flowers are pretty cuts which I think would make these carts popular if they were more readily available.
    Glad you managed to out whit a man and pick your husband up without too much hassle or getting lost.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cute card!! I just love your adventures. You outsmarted that guy!! They just can't compete with a woman!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooooooooooh so very cute ~love your bunny card!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the rabbit and the red, black and white theme. I hate Walmart, but I really like a couple of the Lite carts. Our airport here sounds a bit like Tampa, but we have a ba-nano second. Thanks Enfys.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The card is sooo cute. I bought the Celebrate With a Flourish and I love it. You continue to amaze me!

    Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  16. ADORABLE!!!

    I hate to fork of the $40 for those buggers too. But look what you DID with it?! LOL! I am going to hold off on getting this cart if I can. But oh you are tempting me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card! I'm so glad I found your blog!! I see that you have a home in Houston...I live in Houston :)
    Well I just became your newest follower on your blog! I can't wait to have time to look through it more.
    jen(jennyscards.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the reverse papers you used, they look adorable on that card. I think the airport Gestapo's all train together, there has to be 1 in every airport! I love that you were able to outsmart him! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love the effect of the reversed paper. Great card. Thanks for sharing. Love the airport story...and so true.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute card. Good for you standing up to guy at the airport. My brother -in-law is a pilot for Southwest out of Memphis and he even has problems with some of those guys.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet card! Doesn't the Tampa airport have a cell phone lot? I know that Orlando does. How do I know?? Because I, too had perfected the "moving on crawl", that and circling the airport time after time after time! Then they finally got the cell phone lot! You go there, park and wait for free, once your party gets to the curb they give you a call. Works great and you don't end up with a ticket from the annoying airport police!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the card! Ah one of the joys of not being able to drive anymore (due to my vertigo)is not having to make the dredded airport run...our airport (OIA) now has what is called a cell phone lot...where you can go sit until you get a call to come make the loop around again to the pick-up area...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable card Enfys. I know exactly what you mean about the lite carts. I want them all! A bit greedy I know. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x