Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Fun Card

I found this Inky Antics stamp, it made me laugh. I have a friend who likes to 'match' everything, she once went out dressed (in her mind) rather nattily, with a lot of black and shocking pink. She felt quite good, until she heard a small boy say to his mother
'doesn't that woman look ridiculous mum'
rapid deflation of shocking pink ego.........

So here I am, back in the USA. My sister has come out for a couple of weeks, we travelled together.
On the second leg of the journey (we flew to Newark, then on to Tampa), I was told that I had been upgraded to first class. So as we sat having a coffee in Newark, I bought two doughnuts and magnanimously handed them to my sister. 'These are for you to eat on the plane' I said kindly ' because I am in first class and will probably be dining on caviar and smoked salmon.....'
On the plane I spent the first half an hour trying to work the very complicated multi position chair. I didn't want to look like a person who is not used to travelling in first class, so I hid the instruction leaflet under a blanket and tried to fathom it out, furtively pressing buttons, the chair stayed stubbornly upright, although I could see others relaxing with their feet elevated on a fancy footrest. At this point, a rather camp chap in a navy blue apron sidled up, 'ah, here come the smoked salmon canapes' I thought. No such luck, he just wanted to tell me 'this is a beverage only flight madam, can I get you a beverage'
A cup of coffee appeared, and all of a sudden the doughnuts sitting in the back of the plane seemed quite appetising, so I went in search of my sister, on the pretence of seeing if she was okay, but really to steal a doughnut. Back in the seat, fortified by a few thousand calories, I renewed my attempts to recline my seat. This went on for two hours. As we made the final approach into Tampa airport I must have pressed some hidden button, and the seat became a sort of zig-zag bed, so there I was, with my legs sticking in the air at a rather unbecoming angle, navy apron man bustled up and hissed 'seats must be upright for landing madam'. So madam gave up all pretence of being a first class jet setter, and asked meekly for help.

30 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back! You do make me laugh! I can just picture you wrestling with your seat! Figures that you'd get a beverage only flight to be upgraded on. Oh well, if it ever happens again you'll be all set! Love the card, no wonder the image made you laugh.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I not surprised, madam?
    Your travel antics are HILARIOUS and it seems like something new EVERY day... simply remarkable! (-:
    Your post made my gloomy day much brighter (especially with that lovely bright blue dress!)... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Enfys,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a fun card, it's makes me laughing.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Enfys. You really make my mornings. What's with you and traveling. The card is really cute and thanks for sharing your creativity, but best of all your journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enfys,
    I really like to check your blog for your great inspirations in card making, but frankly I just have to say that you are one of the most fun persons to "read" that is out there. Thanks for always having a funny story. You are just great! And welcome back to the US. Hope you have a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Enfys you are a scream, it sounds like something from a sketch, I can just image you with your legs in the air trying to figure out how to get the damn chair upright, Ive a feeling you wont be accepting an upgrade again especially if it makes you feel so stupid.
    Love your card by the way. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcom back Enfys! I hope you were able to rest in between attempts to change your seat... You have such a way with painting an image with your words. I think we can all imagine you in that seat!
    I love the card.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back to the USA.
    I just can't image you in that seat. Too funny. I'll bet your sister got a good laugh.
    I love your card today.
    If you get a chance to check my blog today there is some fun going on.
    Hugs,
    Linda
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back to the other side of the pond! The card is so funny. I love the sentiment! Your travel story sounds like some of the flights I've had. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats hilarious. Welcome back to the states. Your card is marvelous as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. he he he he en!!! your chair antics made me laugh out loud!! pleased you had a nice flight hun and your card is fab too. hugs lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you've done it again, En. I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks after relaying your hilarious story to the rest of the family.
    Glad you had a safe if entertaining journey and love the card.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Enfys, so we've 'lost' you for a bit, oh well thank heaven for the internet:) This upgrading lark can be a bit funny at times I'm so glad you share your experiences with us, makes me giggle:0)
    Love your card, I have a friend who has similar flamboyant tastes and I love her all the more for them, wear purple I say:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all your support and encouragement at Funky Hand and your good wishes for my new venture. I'll keep in touch.
    Love Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back to the US! Your story
    sounds like something that would happen to me! I can't believe they
    wouldn't even give you a cookie or
    pretzels in First Class, man, that
    is so wrong! Next time be prepared!
    Hugs,
    Maryellen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you made it to the states safe and sound. Even if you did have a bit of a problem with that first class stuff. I haven't had the opportunity to travel in first class, maybe some day I'll get moved up and I will think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. First class and you have to operate your own seat....what a rediculous idea Enfys - I thought the extra cost would at least give you a man at hand as it were! lol - thanks for the giggle! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back Enfys, I hope you find some good weather. This card cracked me up! MOre so because I didn't get it at first, then I saw "or was that exercise" lol! Loved your first class doughnut story! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Enfys
    oh hun im pmsl reading your post i can just imagine you on the plane! hahaha, you really do need to write a book. Glad you arrived safe n sound have a fabulous time, gorgeous card, almost forgot that bit! lol, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enfys, you crack me up!!! I'm laughing so hard, I've got tears!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your cards and stories. I can't decide which I like more. You seems to have adventures all the time. Keep it up Karleen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back Ens. As usual you are up to your old tricks. You make each day a joy. And didn't your mother ever tell you "not to be afraid to ask for help". Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are just soooooo funny! Bet your Sister got a huge laugh out of all this!!! I love the card. She is just so smart looking in all her finery!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome back! You are truly a hoot! What a funny story, and I can truly see you on that plane!! So glad you got the donut before your sister had 2,000 calories to tide her over :) Hope to see you in Inverness in Oct.?
    Hugs,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the card, that image is perfect. Glad you had a safe if not uneventful trip. Have a great time with your sister.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable card as always.

    You should really consider penning a book Enfys. I would be first in line to buy it!! Your posts always make me smile and on most days, like today, laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  28. so funny, I see where you are now lol!

    ReplyDelete
  29. 1st, I haven't been to your blog in a while, you are still making fantastic cards :) And 2nd my daughter and I have been reading your posts and cracking up, you need a blog titled the Adventures of Enfys!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x