Friday, 18 June 2010

Polkadoodles - Father's Day

Over on Polkadoodles this week, the challenge is simple, make a Father's Day card. As usual, I was running around with a hundred things to do on the old 'to-do' list, so I made this simple card. All the papers are from the Not for Girls CD, I love that script paper printed with the Queensbusy rules of boxing, so used that for my background, and stitched around it.
I cut the boxing gloves out three times, decoupaged them and added glossy accents for a bit of punch (pun intended)
I used one of my favourite techniques for the hook, insert a brad 'backwards' through the paper, and curl up the prongs to make a hook. This can work really well on fishing cards as well......................
Dad was done with shiny black letters by Papermania

Be sure to pop over to Polkadoodles to see what the rest of the team came up with this week.
Call back tomorrow to see who won the Cri-Kit pens, Scrappy go Lucky will be announcing the BIG winner of the blog hop too. See you then



24 comments:

Kellylouj said...

Fab card xxx

Linda L said...

Great card! I still haven't found the lite cartridges. I am on the hunt.

nessy said...

oh what fun!! what a perfect fathers day card ~love all the detail!
vanessa xx

Serendipity Stamping said...

Great card Ens. You are always so imaginative.

Nettie said...

I love the way the boxing gloves stand out of the card Enfys. Really looks good with script paper.x

CelticWoman said...

En, Fantastic card, original and oh how those gloves just make the entire card POP. Hugs

~JulieH~ said...

Oh this is so fabulous En I love text backrounds with a hint of colour and what a reat tip about the brad never seen this before!
Hugs
Juliexx

Leanne said...

Absolutely fabulous!!

xx

Carolyn said...

That is a wonderful Father's Day Card and I love the idea for the hook. Thanks

eiyiyi said...

Love this card En. I've been away for a week with just enough time to run through the blogs. All of your posts have been wonderful!!!! hugs, eileen

Shelley said...

Your hook solution is absolutely brilliant! Love your card too, especially the choice of background.

Tip Top said...

Ah, I must have another look for those papers! So much, so little time, so not looked properly!!

mustavcoffee said...

This is perfect,:)

Sandy Bayles said...

Enfys,
Hanging in there to see who the winners will be. Does not really matter because I have had so much fun doing this. I love the card.
Great Job..........

Fliss said...

Love this card Enfys. The gloves hanging on the hook are a great idea. Thanks for the tip too, will definitely be trying this one!
Hope you have a great weekend.
xx

Jules said...

Brilliant make En - and love the sentiment and backing paper.

Hope you are well.

Love Jules xx

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Perfect card, love the gloves and the printed paper. Great colours too.

hugs
Kaye x

Melodie said...

Wow, Enfys, this is fantastic.
Hugs
Melodie

MrsK said...

Oh what a lovely father's day card it's perfect! xx

Tracy said...

This is fabulous, and I love the design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Enfys,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kim said...

This is a great Fathersday card

AShu93 said...

Love the card & thanks for the great idea about the hook too.

Sharon said...

Awesome Father's Day Card!!! :)