Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 27 May 2010

Eastern Inspired Cards

I promised you I would let you see the Eastern/Oriental themed cards I have been working on this week, I really am on a black and red groove at the moment, but it is the perfect colour palette for this type of card. All the cards were made using the Cricut, and Pagoda cartridge, For this first one, the dragon was cut at 3", with a gold mirri shadow, and the fans at 1 3/4". The sentiment is a Studio G
This one has two more fans, with a bronze shadow, the tag was cut at 2.5". I thought this would make an unusual wedding anniversary card - or even a wedding if you like to be different...........


For this one, I cut the bridge, then threaded the stems of the flowers through it. The sentiment is by Craftwork Cards



I am trying to find a couple of new swimsuits. Shouldn't be too hard should it? I mean, I am in Florida at the moment. I just can't find any I like, there are loads of those tankini thingies about, the two piece ones designed for those of us who are past our bikini best. I have a couple, they look fine as long as you don't bend, stretch or do anything foolish like going into the water - then the top sort of inflates around you. So a well fitting swimsuit, without stupid additions like metal buckles that get hot enough to fry an egg on, that's all I am asking for. Why do swimwear manufacturers all put those little swing tags on their garments, they all have some lithe twenty year old beauty modelling it, laughing into the camera as she drapes herself around a palm tree. Do the manufacturers not realise that it is a crushing and devastating blow for women when they struggle into the swimsuit, adjust the straps and metal buckle, then look into the mirror of the changing room to see...............................................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, where is the lithe body, gleaming smile, the palm tree. Life can be very cruel.
See you tomorrow



19 comments:

  1. Wonderful your red-black compositons.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous cards Enfys,i love your images and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Enfys, I would struggle to make one oriental card! Know what you mean about swimsuits, I don't believe it letting it all hang out and believe they hang! You get to a certain age and you can no longer step into a suit you need to be tucked in lol. Happy hunting.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those colours , my fav is the card with the bridge . I love reading your blog Enfys you always make me smile ! Have a great week end !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get the swimsuit thing...
    Your dragon is divine love that card..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cards, pagoda is one of my favorite carts. Yes, I hate shopping for swimsuits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooo Love these cards!!! My favorite is the dragon card, love the mirri shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards En! I love red and black together, really black and any color, it's so striking.

    The image of the swimsuit try on, is absolutely true for most of us. I've battled with my weight all my life. And now I don't have a suit, because they ARE all made with a skinny teenager in mind. I have looked, I just haven't found any that I'd even want to try on. What do I whear when I go to the beach?
    A t-shirt and shorts. Not always comfortable for the drive home, but it solves the suit issue.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Enfys!!! I will have to show these to my Daughter, she loves all things Asian. (Including "Hot Asian Dudes" as she calls them)

    Love your swimsuit story. I have recently done the Walmart thing, I pick up a one piece, have some shorts to cover my heavy thighs, and let it go..I refuse to put myself through the cruelty! LOL. My daughter on the other hand, finally found something she likes after 4 bathing suit shopping trips. I did not go today..too much for the both of us, and as today is a post graduation day at the beach with friends...uh uh, not gonna do it.

    Stepdad Dale, he does better with logic and Murray!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful cards Enfys!!!

    I agree about the swimsuits also.
    I love reading your blog, you always put a smile on a sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! I just love them all!!!

    Enfys, these cards are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did with these! I love the red black white combo and the asian flair is fantastic. You always inspire me! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red and black themes and those fan cut are lovely I had not seen those before. I am with you about swimsuits I can never find anything I like and when I do find one I think I may just like as soon as I try it on it is a definite no no lol. Hope you have better success tomorrow.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOLOLOLOLOL!!! I haven't bought a swimsuit in so long......Just don't cause a reason to need one!! The manufacturers seem to think we all have model bodies. NOT!! Your cards are just wonderful. Love the red/black. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree with you on the swimsuit thing! I have a large chest and to find one that covers the top but doesn't balloon on the bottom half is impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cards are wonderful! Love your red/black period! Swimsuits, oh yes an invention of the devil. Even back when I was one of those slim 20 somethings that could drape around a palm tree, I hated shopping for a suit. I REALLY hate it now. Certainly wish you luck, you're going to need it! Even if you are here in Florida, the swim suite capital of the world!
    LOL,
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cards. My Happy Place where I do my scrapbooking has that cartridge available, I need to use it.
    Is there ANYONE who doesn't hate shopping for bathing suits?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dont know how I missed these, they are very striking in that colourway - I love them!

    What a perfect card for an anniversary En!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  19. the HORRORS of swmsuit shopping! I don't even want to THINK about it! UUUGGG!!! I don't think I've been in the water for 10 years. LOL Right now even shorts that show my knees are giving me fits. All this crafting doean't do a body good. Love your cards, though. Perfect color pallette for the teme, or any time! xxD

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x