Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Sunday 4 April 2010

A box and a card................

Here's some of the stuff I did for Creativity magazine, on sale now. I was sent a whole bunch of supplies, including these pop up butterflies and some little round boxes, so I threw everything at this one, butterflies, bling aplenty and some gold glitz as well........................
The bare box was painted with antique white acrylic paint, then I made a rosette type flower for the top and added the gems and butterflies............

The gold strips are stick on borders by Anita's - sorry this photo is a bit blurry.
All supplies available from DoCrafts
I was asked to make some male cards as well. I used an aperture card for this one, backed with the plaid paper. The image is a diecut decoupage. The lettering is foam mini alphas.



This one is for a child, again the image is a diecut decoupage, all the papers are by Papermania UK.

It's quite a challenge when making cards for magazines and you are sent stuff that you normally wouldn't use, but it is very satisfying when you come up with something that doesn't make you hang your head......

Are you all choccied out? We have had a quiet Easter, as we are seeing all the family next weekend. I am on a countdown now to our flight back to the USA in a few days. So much to do. We have to haul the suitcases down from the loft, bringing the cushions for the garden furniture down at the same time, ready for our return in July. We then trip over the cushions all summer as it is usually too soggy to put them on the chairs, then haul them back up to the loft in September, bringing down the christmas decorations ready for our return in December. You see, I NEED my lists!


20 comments:

  1. i saw these in my mag en and loved the box, you are so clever hun. i just peeked at milo's 11 mth piccy, he is so cute!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip. Love the box and card. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a lot of work has gone into these projects love them allx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box Enfys, your cards are so cute. Congrats on the magazine. Have a safe trip to the US. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh to be in a magazine what a wonderful dream. Your work is wonderful and should but in all the best places.
    Enfys, I am having a celebration on my blog and I would love to have you stop by if you get a chance.
    Happy Easter!
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are gorgeous, but that box.... wowzers! So pretty. I LOVE it, the ribbon treatment on the lid.. and all those butterflies. AMAZING@

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a BEAUTIFUL box Enfys... You are so darn talented... have a safe trip to the US...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great cards, but your butterfly box is stunning! A fabulous creation! Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards and box... those butterflies are lovely aren't they?
    Happy Easter
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your works are so great again, I can admire again and again.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just adore the box you are a very talented crafter Enfys
    Huggles
    Betts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Enfys this box is stunning! Love the colors. The cards are just as cute as can be too! Hope you had a great Easter! Have a safe trip, we'll see you when you get here...we are having some GORGEOUS weather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Enfys!!!! Love your box, the butterflys are gorgeous!!!! The cards are adorable! You are coming back to the states already, it seems as if you just left for GB! Goodness! The weather has been beautiful the past week here in GA.

    Have a safe trip!!!! When you mean choccied out, do you mean chocolate..I mean is that possible? ;)

    Hugs
    Lisa Sturgill :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love the box and both the cards. And, I can't even begin to imagine you coming up with a head-hanging anything! Have a safe trip! hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  15. As usual I am truely in love with your designs! The box is very pretty. And the carda are lovely. I particularly like the little boy in the bear... It reminds me that most men are grizzly bears, just waiting for the opportunity to let the little boy inside come out to play! Thanks for sharing, and I hope your return to the states comes off with out a hitch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. More wonderful inspiration, dear girl! You never have to hang your head on anything that you create! I am delighted when I hear your first posts about coming back to the US :)
    I am hosting a swarm Apr. 30 and May 1 & 2, and want to invite you to come be with us! We've all missed you so!! It will be great fun, and Joni is cooking some delicious goodies for our Viva La Diva swarm! I hope you can come share your incredible talent with us again.
    Hugs and hugs,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love everything you make. The colors in this box are so attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow you've been a busy bee...love all the cards and the box is stunning...love how you made the rosette on the top....big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!!! I LOVE ALL of them!! you've been a busy bee!!!
    hugs,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The box is just gorgeous, En, and the male cards really turned out great! I can't imagine you ever make anything that makes you hang your head! xxD

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x