Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy New Year to all of you

I haven't had much time for making cards I can show you lately - working on a magazine commission at the moment, so thought I would pop these on, all cards I made for a recent edition of the 'Quick Cards' section of Papercraft Inspirations magazine. This is a section of the magazine that shows cards that can be made in 30 minutes or less, maybe for crafters in a hurry or less experienced cardmakers. Any shapes used are printed as templates in the back of the magazine for the readers to trace or copy. For the first one the brief was a male card using an iconic travel image, this is what I came up with

I stamped the image twice, once onto the pattern paper which does away with colouring (well, they are quick cards :)
and again onto the red, then cut out the sphinx image
For the second one, the brief was a male card again, using a car image. I found this really cute key charm that I stuck on. The car is from Going Places, and the words were printed off the computer and chopped up. The edges of this one look a bit battered, but these cards have travelled to the Editor's office, then to the photography studio, then back to me, I never think of photographing them before mailing them


This little chap was done with scallped ovals/circles and a lot of doodling. The sentiment came to me in a flash as I was making the card, I thought it was funny, always love a play on words. It's always quite a challenge to come up with something a bit different that people can copy in 30 minutes or less.

So, any new year resolutions? I always have such a long list, most of them are broken by the middle of January, so don't think I will bother, although I could do with being a bit more organised, a bit less fluffy, and a lot less talkative. Whatever your resolutions, I hope 2010 is a happy and healthy one for you all and your families, and thank you all so much for all the support you have given me in 2009 - I wouldn't do it without you!

25 comments:

  1. a bit too fluffy? for example? I love the cards. Haven't done a thing as I've been quite sick. On the mend. Resolutions...more patience...more crafting...less computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Enfys, I too don't bother with resolutions as I never keep them so I only disappoint myself. I do agree with the keeping organised tho, will try hard with that one.

    Your cards are amazing, as always.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous cards, not making any resolutions but hoping to create more in 2010! Happy New Year, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them Enfys. That little lamb is so adorable. Wishing you a Happy New Year too. Thank you for always stopping bye and leaving me a comment, I so enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Just checking to see if you received my surprise I sent to you in England? Hope so!
    Happy New Year to you, Enfys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Enfys! Congrats on your publishes, and have a very Happy New Year my friend.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  7. love them all en, i saw the sphinzy one and i think the sheep but not the car!! they are all so cool. happy new year hunny xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Enfys,
    Your cards are beautiful. Hard to believe that you have made it in such a short time.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards again Enfys, I love that little lamb one, what a great way of creating him.
    Have a great New Year and look forward to playing with you again in 2010.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, En. Just love that sheep ... very clever of you! Resolutions. Same every year. Exercise more, eat less. I'd just once like to make it past January
    2nd. Hope you have a happy and healthy new year. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab cards! Hope you have a wonderful New Year and that 2010 brings you all you and your family wish for.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Enfys wow your cards are stunning, I love them all they really are gorgeous. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and I want to wish you a brilliant New Year. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh hun again these are all wonderful you really are so talented and you have given me such great inspiration hun heres to you and your family having a happy 2010 hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab cards En- I'm the same not made a thing in over a week now! think I've forgot how
    Have a great New Year
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet cards, like them all! I haven't made resolutions in years. I decided I was just lying to myself anyway. So I gave them up :)
    Happy New Year, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great Enfys! I always had a fascination with Egyptian art & history.
    And that sheep is adorable!
    Hugs & Happy New Year!
    -Nikki
    PS - Are you in sunny & warm FL or not so sunny & warm England?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year dear friend! Love your sweet cards! My resolutions are to clean up after myself while crafting, manage my time better and get back to exercising! YIKES! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi En
    Love these cards and have enjoyed looking at your years favourites too, there are some real stunners.
    Glad you had a lovely Christmas. We tracked Santa too, you have to believe.....
    Have a very Happy New Year and see you in 2010.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these quickie ideas and thanks for sharing your talent with us. You are great! Rosie
    @
    motcm@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy new year matey....wishing you a wonderful 2010 and hope this is the year when we finally get to meet up....big hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful as always TFI:)xxx

    Happy New Year Enfys..love and
    best wishes for 2010:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year Enfys!! Busy lady you are not allowed to stop talking, we need you uplifting little adventure stories.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year to you and thank you for all your inspiration and sharing your creativity. I look forward to your messages.
    No resolutions this year but I hope I can get back in shape,be more organized to create more cards and scrapbook pages, and maybe even finish some of my old projects.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous cards, En!!! Love them all, but I believe the little wooly is my fav! As far as resolutions, I only have one and I keep it every year without fail. My resolution is to make no New Year's resolutions. Happy New Year my friend! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous cards Enfys,i love your images and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x