Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 23 October 2009

Polkadoodles Halloween

We decided as it was so close to Halloween that we had to give the adorable halloweenie download from Polkadoodles another outing. You don't have to make a halloween card to enter the challenge though, and there are prizes for the winner
My card is made with the downloads, spooky Jack is so cute, but I had to add some googly eyes, the big ones looked cuter than the teensy ones I put on first.
I added a strip of drippy-goo punched black paper, but the drips didn't show up, so I added a backing strip of orange and doodled around them. A bit of random stitching, a sentiment from the download, and it still looked a bit blah, until I decided to bring Jack's spooky friend into the scene and put him to peep over the sentiment


We had a most super day yesterday with Joan and Tom, our 'new' friends, although from the moment they walked in through the door, Joan and I never stopped talking, it felt as if I had known her for years. We escaped to a stamping store when the men started to talk about car insurance, and I introduced Joan to copic markers. Oh dear, maybe I am not Tom's new best friend after all...... It was a great day, and we are already planning our next get-together. Amazing what blessings you get from blogging!

23 comments:

  1. Funny, spooky card! Great!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is absolutely sweet! I love the eyes...
    Blogging or being part of a crafting community brings lots of blessings! I started meeting women from an internet crafting forum three years ago and by now they are my dearest and best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwww love those eyes Enfys, a great card
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic fun card Enfys. Love it.

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just keep doing producing these fab cards. Love his little mate peeking.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do truly believe that this years crop of Halloween cards are the best ever just in general, but of course you bring them to another level, just gorgeous. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have made a couple of good friends online. But I haven't yet made any local ones. It sounds like you had a great time. Love the little ghosties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A spooktacular card for sure Enfys!!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super spooky card En i love it
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My name is Joan and I live in Port St. Lucie, Fl. I am an avid follower of En's blog and love her work. Yesterday we finally met En and Mike in person and had a wonderful day together. It will not surprise you that En is just as gracious and funny as she is on her blog. We talked non stop, visited her stamp store and enjoyed a great lunch together. I came home laden with supplies thanks to En's generosity. Can't wait to see them again. Love to En and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow what fun ~ delightful halloween card ~just love those eyes ~amazing!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card Enfys, love the ghouls!!!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the ghost En!

    Ooo where did you shop?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Enfys wow youve created a stunning card, I love the eyes. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card Enfys, the little ghost is fab and I love the googly eyes appearing over the sentiment :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just adore halloween and this card is so perfect! i am totally lovin' those little googly eyes too! fab card! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Enfys Your card is `sooktacular` Enjoy your weekend:)x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really cute card! Love the drippy goo with the doodle around it. Nice touch. So glad you enjoyed time with your new friends. With the money DH's save on insurance she can get her copics! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning Enfys, i hope you are well hunny. Im trying to catch up with my blogging, and failing!! i love the creations you've been making since my last visit. thank you for sharing, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the card... so glad to hear you had fun with your new friends... sounds like you might be an enabler???

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x