Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 10 July 2009

Get Well Cards for Polkkadoodles - and some news.....

On Polkadoodles this week, the challenge (set by me!) is to use a bug of some sort on your get well card, and to use an alternative to ribbon - string, raffia etc. I cut a random leaf shape out, and nibbled away at it with punches to look as if the bugs have been chomping on it.
I added some string, a couple of lulu ladybirds off the Sugar Birdies CD and dropped blobs of glossy accents here and there. The flower is one of Polkadoodles stampies
I made another one as well, to show that the papers from the CD can make elegant cards as well as funky ones. Here I cut a swirl from the ice blue swirl paper, and cut two butterflies using the cuttlebug cut and emboss butterflies. I printed the kiss paper out in blue onto vellum which I cut with the storybook cartridge

then used two strips of lace by Rusty Pickle to finish it off. The little sentiment is by Hero Arts





and now some news. The design team over on Funky Hand are excited about a new challenge blog we are starting on the 1st August. The challenges will be monthly, and there will be a prize (a beautiful BIG fabulous prize) every month for the lucky winner, plus freebie downloads and all sorts of other fun things. Are you ready to Get Funky?

I have just had a lovely phone chat with my teamie from Funky Hand and Polkadoodles, Kath. We nattered on for over an hour, it was lovely. I could hear the hooligan Buddy barking while we were on the phone, guess what, it was the postie with another craft delivery. Now there's a surprise.....





23 comments:

  1. this is amazing adore the colours and love the bugs too great deatil as always lots love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgoodness are these ever fabulous. that bug one is totally awesome and the butterflies - well, butterflies are beautiful!!!

    and a new challenge coming - wooo hooo. i can't wait.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, En. Can't wait to get my paper out and start playing.

    hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the huge leaf and the lace on your cards!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed our chat today En....and yes a lovely surprise crafty delivery...need to get working on that one....big hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! What a really awesome creation!! I love your fun colors!! ;) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enfsy, I love both cards! The ladybug card is so fun and I love all the details and papers!
    I am definitely going to check out the new challenge blog...I love that it will be monthly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING cards Enfys. Love the bright colours on the top one and those flutterflies are gorjus.

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous cards ~so beautifully made
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Enfys,

    Great idea for the challenge at Polka Doodles! :) Wow... your cards are so creative!!! Love them both!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Enfys I love your bugs, not the nasty ones but these are gorgeous. And good luck with the new blog challenge. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing, I just love love the first one, it is some of my fav. colors. Stop by my blog, I have an award for you. It is an original.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to first tell you thank you for your comment on my work. and second I love your work!!!!!!
    I enjoy coming back to see what you have made.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant cards, love the bug having a good munch! Looking forward to the funkyhand challenge blog.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for your lovely comments you left me Enfys. You always make me smile!!
    I love your bugs and butterflies, they are just gorgeous.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh girl these are STINKIN CUTE....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. love these cards, the first one is amazing so funky and such fun, love the really bright colours, the dimention and those bugs are adorable, I sure that would cheer up anyone who was feeling a little under the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your bugs. (Never thought I'd hear myself say that!)Your cards are so colourful and fun, and so much detail

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the funky flowers and the pretty butterflies in the second one.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kath having craft stuff delivered? Well, there's a surprise!!!

    Fab get well card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so beautiful! I love all the layers!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the bug cards. Great idea for a challenge! The glossy accents on the ladybugs looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both of these cards are fabulous. I love the fab funky colours and the ladybirds - reminds me of summer but i also love the soft blus and white - it reminds me of my home - i live right by the sea
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x