Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 3 June 2009

Wedding Card - Mojo Monday




I made this wedding card following a sketch on Mojo Monday. The scalloped card blank and bronze paper is by Craftwork cards, distressed with bronze cats eye ink. I stamped the flowers, from an old set by Stampin Up (mixed bouquet) in embossing ink then brushed with gold perfect pearls. The butterfly was cut at 2" from the storybook cartridge, first in gold and then cream, which I ran through the cuttlebug using swiss dots, and brushed with the bronze ink pad, then added a few swirls of pearls to finish it off. I made the tassel myself out of some metallic thread, thought it made a change from a bow.
I have had computer problems today, and spent the whole day sorting it out, I have been on the phone to Indian call centres for most of the day, then had to dash out and buy a new router. Now bear in mind that I have only a very hazy idea of what a router does, and Popeye the sailor man is still cavorting around the Greek Islands, so this was not an easy task. I discovered that standing looking helpless in the middle of the shop doesn't work any more (oh, where did my youth go, and when did I become invisible.....) Then I came home to call India again, only to find that I had bought the wrong thing. Back to the shop to give the spotty youth who served me a ********** (insert your own expletive here, it will be one I used I promise), and finally with much help from some patient internet thingy called a wizard (why not a witch I wonder..), got back online, but only the one computer works, the laptop should pick up the router signals and doesn't. I give up.
I have added a little search button to the blog, so if you are looking for a particular card, try typing in a word or two that you think describes it and it may bring it up for you, although I have my doubts about that - let me know if it works.


33 comments:

  1. Hi En....gorgeous card,so classy looking,love it!,
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh that is just so beautiful, i love the gold tasselsy bit xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful En, I love the elegance of it, just great for a wedding.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i do like this, lots of things to look at- must dig my tassels out(card making ones!!) and what a great stamp
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very stunning card... I am glad you got your computer up and runnning... you are just too funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant En! Love the perfect pearls. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful card ... I really love the pearls. I feel your pain. I've spent many hours installing my wireless with the help of various and sundry Indian techs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous and elegant!! Wonderful card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING !!!

    Love Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Envys, elegant and stylish. I love the pearl details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful card so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing card !!!!

    Congratulations you have two blog awards waiting for you on my blog. Really enjoy your blog and wanted to let you know by giving you these awards:

    http://kreateskards.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning card so classy too love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous scrummylicious card and love that tassel...so opulent...and hey I am not even to start on the computer thingy...or I will have no hair...no nails and no mind....Big Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow very stunning huggs jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Enfys, its sounds as though you are having big problems with your computer/router. Your laptop may need some help getting it connected, my hubby tried to help his daughter, and it turned out the router was tuned into the wrong channel for the wireless, to much interference from other routers in the area, so maybe thats why yours doesnt connect even though it sees it.
    I love the unusual card, its gorgeous. Well done love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow... I love this.. the gold is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card! Love your story too...Miss you...how are the babies?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your gold and pearls are so much fun!! Fabulous job on the Mojo Monday sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh computers Glynis. They're like cars, great when they work and a nightmare when they don't. Glad you got sorted in the end.
    This card is just gorgeous. I love your roses with the pearl middles and the butterfly is just lovely.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  21. So Sorry for all your troubles but your card is absolutely gorgeous. I especailly love the tassel, I can't believe you made it! (well, really I can because you're so talented) Whom ever the reciepient, they are very lucky.
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just really stunning and very elegant.
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, so elegant, lovely colours. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! picking my jaw up from the floor-this is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so classy darling just like you xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your poor thing.. It is amazing how attached we are to our computers :), hope you get everything fixed. This card is stunning, I love the pearls in the center of the flower and that butterfly is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Enfys This card is amazing. Hope you're going to let Sue at Craftwork Cards see it. She would be thrilled to see her products used in such an elegant way. Computers-my internet went down and I tried everything short of calling the call centre but guess what-I grumbled to my brother in law and he said "unplug your wireless router and plug it back in again"-it worked!!! Hugs Betty-PS Men -sometimes you can't do without them!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really beautiful, classy card En
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, you don't kid around when it comes to making a card. Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh this card is really wonderful! I love the butterfly with the pearls.
    I know the feeling about your computer problems, it is very anoying trying to get some help and spending all day.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x