Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 26 June 2009

Little Polly for PolkaDoodles


No sketch this week over at Polka Doodles challenge, although there is one on there if you want some inspiration. The design team were asked to use Polly from the Sugar Birdies CD, and we had to colour her in ourselves (you have the option on the CD of printing her out already coloured). I used copic markers of course. Another requirement was to use paper ribbons, I cut some strips of paper and did a concertina thing then bunched them all together to make a funky little flower. I used a black button instead of the o in hello, and stitched around the outer edge of the card in a white zig zag (yes, I know black would have been better, but I couldn't be bothered to go through that whole rigmarole of squinting at that little needle trying to thread it for an hour). Everything on the card, papers, image, paper ribbon, sentiment circles, is from the CD.
Nikky, the owner of Polka Doodles is doing her first ever show on Ideal World/Create and Craft TV here in the UK on Wednesday 1st July at noon. She is very nervous, so be sure to watch her if you can, good luck Nikky. I will be watching, to see some of my cards flash across the screen for a nano-second.
I have updated the photos of the babies on my sidebar, I am going to have to do this regularly, they are changing so quickly as their little faces fill out. They both have eyes the colour of the sky on a summers day, I haven't captured that on film yet.
Whilst doing a bit of blog hopping I found a great blog with photos of all the latest nestability dies and the large cuttlebug embossing folders. I will certainly be in the market for some of these, they will be 5 x 7" and a much better size for the cards I make. Take a look HERE to see some photos.

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, En. I'm in the process or coloring polly as we speak. I just got my Sugar birdies cd in the mail yesterday! Woohoo .... what fun this will be. Thank you for another great introduction. You are my go to girl for great new sources. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Enfys you are so very creative, I love your flower. The card is gorgeous and the papers are lovely. Take care with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cutie creation, love how you made a flower using paper ribbons, excellent! Will keep an eye out for the show.
    pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Polly is very cute. I just received my Sugar Birdies cd yesterday ... can't wait to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute, great flowers
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Enfys I love your card, black or white thread, doesn't matter, it's still lovely. I wish I was in england so I could watch the show!
    But good luck Nikky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card and the one from yesterday Enfys.
    I reckon you got lost at Wimbledon on purpose, all those men in shorts!!!!
    Have a great weekend.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card, you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! So super cute and creative!! Love how you made your flower!! TFS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! The flowers are wonderful!
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute card En and love those funky flowers....thanks for the info on the new nestabilities...off to have a shuftie....Big Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear this is just perfect, love that image and the colours are gorgeous, have a great weekend
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute Enfys! Love the paper ribbon you made! And the lil girl is a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another brill card En - like the look of that cd - but it is gonna have to be on wish list have already bought to much. lol.That funky flower is a great idea.

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh En this is gotgeous and I love love your flowers so creative!
    Hugs
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another fabulous card, and im loving those flowers! hgus Lind ax

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x