Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Sunday 12 April 2009

Happy Birthday Glamour Puss




Now for something different - not a bird in sight. This fabulous cat image is a fabric that my very talented friend Phyllis found - she always manages to spot really neat things. The fabric is WildCat Woman by Loralie. It's simple to use fabric on cards, cut roughly around your cat image, then swipe all over the back with a glue stick, I use the really strong embellishment glue. Stick the fabric onto cardstock, and taking a spatula or craft stick (I use the triangular thingie that comes in the cricut tool kit), smooth all the wrinkles out of the fabric. Leave to dry for at least 4 hours, preferably longer, that way you get a really good bond and the edges don't fray. When dry, cut out the image with a pair of sharp scissors, and use as you would any other image on a card. The paper is by Making Memories, and the sentiment was done on the computer. I added a bit of bling.
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter Day, don't overdose on the choccy. Me? I am still itching. Could I be allergic to chocolate? No, I'll stop eating something sensible like tomatoes for a day or two, see if that makes a difference, that way I can still bite the heads off the bunnies.

24 comments:

  1. So very cool Enfys. I would not have thought to use fabric on a card or a layout, but I will definitly try it now, ty :)

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love your birdscards...I really like this one...and thank you for your little workshop...gonna try it out....happy easter!!Its very early here in Holland and I had my first piece of chocolate..gone....my dieet that is and the chocolate...have to "hide"the rest...
    greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...... Enfys
    what a lovely card with such a sweet image!
    I love cats!
    Happy Easter
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Enfys, this is really cool! In answer to your question on my blog, that 'best friends' is an embellishment from the software yes. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, ain't she a kool kat!!!
    Love it Enfys, I'd never have thought of using cloth on a card in the way
    Happy Easter
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for popping by my blog. I love yours & you have some fab makes x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool Enfys!!!
    `Happy Easter`
    Haea lovelt Easter weekend..lotsa loves♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea to use the fabric Enfys, makes a great card!
    Justine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY EASTER Enfys!

    I love this card! What GREAT fabric! Way to think outside of the box there girlie! You ROCK! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you know that cat reminds me of some actress, its certainly unusual. What a lovely idea to use it for a card, and its a real hit with me, love the colours youve chosen. Well done, love and hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! I love seeing all the beautiful things you come up with. Hope the itchies stop soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is super! Thanks for the info. Who would have thought???? Oh wait! You did!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh en!!! she is one sassy pussycat!!!! love the fabric dress, thats really clever xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to have to hit the fabric store! Thanks for sharing how to do this with us!! I really love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning image Enfys and what a beautiful card all round, I love the papers and colour combination you've used on this card, its beautiful :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is why I love receiving your subscription Enfys...You always have something new and different to share!!! This cat is definitely on the prowl...love the design and well, just amazing work :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enfys,

    That's purrfect!!! I love it.

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love that fabric! What a great use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. how fun, i use to have a busy about 3 or so years ago where I sold nothing but fabric cut outs...hence my user name on certain sits is cutups....this is fab enfys..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG I NEED this fabric! How cool to use it on a card. I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Easter deary. Hope your itchies are gone. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love using fabric on cards Enfys and you have done a fab job with this fun card
    Hugs
    Lana x
    I hope you have a wonderful Easter time x

    ReplyDelete
  22. En - what a fabulous idea with the cat fabric. I LOVE this card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. this glamour puss is so funky i love it! Its so much fun and fab colours
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Joan from Florida signing in. I have been a sewer for years and just love Loralie. She cracks me up with her unique designs. Just love this card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x