Wednesday, 30 April 2008
Monday, 28 April 2008
I used glossy accents on the flowers and the words, so this really is a shiny card!
Sunday, 27 April 2008
It's a gorgeous day here in Florida, and the cranes are mating I think. Those of you who don't know, cranes are about 4' tall birds, grey with a red crest and spindly legs. They walk in a very slow, measured way. So we had a pair on the grass outside the house yesterday, and the male was doing everything in his power to attract the female. He was jumping quite high into the air, flapping his wings and twirling around. At one stage he got so excited that he fell over mid-twirl. The female just stood there watching this display - we wondered what we were going to see next! After about five minutes of this, she turned her back, and stalked elegantly away, leaving him hopping and twirling with no audience. If a bird can look brassed off, I tell you, he did! Hmm, not tonight dear, got to get the supper and I think I have a headache coming on...........
Saturday, 26 April 2008
1. Trim a piece of 12 x 12" double sided cardstock to 11" x 11". Fold in half in each direction. Your paper with now have four squares. Cut along the left hand fold to the centre point.
2. Fold the top left corner down, about 2" from the centre fold line
3. Turn your paper over, and fold the bottom right corner up to the centre
4. Turn paper back, and take the top left corner over to meet the top right corner
5. Fold bottom piece up to form second pocket.
6. You should now have a card with two pockets on the front, that stands like a regular card. Tape the loose folds, you will see where to tape, just be careful not to tape up your pockets. Create tags, and decorate the card. To see completed cards, go to blog archive on the right, and click on double pocket cards.
Friday, 25 April 2008
Thursday, 24 April 2008
Wednesday, 23 April 2008
Tuesday, 22 April 2008
Monday, 21 April 2008
Sunday, 20 April 2008
Saturday, 19 April 2008
Friday, 18 April 2008
Wednesday, 16 April 2008
Monday, 14 April 2008
Saturday, 12 April 2008
then tag 7 more blogging friends, leaving a message on their site inviting them to play along.
I am tagging
Okay, 7 facts about me, well sometimes everything in my life seems random and weird, but here we go.
1. I have visited 27 different countries in my lifetime
2. I don't speak any foreign languages which has sometime been a problem, see #1!
3. I was once voted runner-up in an Italian beauty competition in a nightclub. I would have won if the crowd hadn't all voted for that German girl!!!
4. I have never been to a horse racing meeting
5. I can carry a colour in my head for days, just take a look at a little snippet of fabric, and come back with a top that is a perfect match. My sister can do this too. There must be a colour matching gene.
6. I am a Saggitarius - supposed to be athletic and outdoor loving. Hmmm, shows what a load of old rubbish that is then....
7.I used to run my own catering company
Friday, 11 April 2008
Thursday, 10 April 2008
Wednesday, 9 April 2008
Tuesday, 8 April 2008
The cowboy boots were cut at 4" with real dial size on, and the spurs at 2 1/2". I ran them through the cuttlebug to give texture. The sentiment is a home-made rub on
The Bra was the hula girl's top, cut at 3" in white, then I stamped it in black with stampin up victorian lace background stamp. Added some paper lace from Lakeland UK. The 'thanks a lot' stamp is Studio G, 'for your support' is a home made rub on.
The hat was cut at 3", added lots of purple stickles to this. The sentiment is by stampin up
To make a home made rub on, write your sentiment using the font and colour of your choice on your computer. When ready to print, go to your print options and select 'mirror image'. Insert a transparency into your printer with the slightly rough side up, so that it prints on the smooth side. Print, remove carefully and position your words where you want it on your card. Rub with a rub on stick or your bone folder. Be very careful not to move the transparency or you will have a messy smudge. Wipe the transparency with a baby wipe and it's ready for your next rub-on.
Friday, 4 April 2008
The coffee bean stamp is by Judith, and the mug is cut from Christmas Cheer at 3"