Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 11 November 2008

A Funky Christmas Tree




This is for James, my elder son, who is my biggest critic! He 'doesn't do cute' and really finds most of my cards fall into that category - the boy has no taste, I blame his father. Anyway, this card might just merit a nod of approval, no bling, no cute hedgehogs or snowmen, and not a bit of glitter in sight!


I cut two 6 x 6" sheets of Basic Grey 'wassail' paper into 1" triangles using the george cartridge, then starting at the top of the card and using foam pop-dots on each triangle, worked my way down the card, adding an extra triangle to each row, and overlapping them so that there were no spaces. The little circles are epoxy brads that came in a pack of SEI paper, and the sentiment is by (who else) Studio G. The trunk of the tree is the border that was left after cutting out the triangles. Quite a lot of inking (color box moss green) in an attempt to make him think his mother is arty.

17 comments:

  1. Enfys this is simply gorgeous! I am loving this! I think that this is something I can do with my cricut! I have basic shapes! lol
    thanks for the inspiration! I have to say, that I am always inspired and truely motivated after I visit with you! thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Enfys stunner!!! And what a fabulous idea. I bet DS will just love it. I might just have to have a go at this myelf. Oh and that paper is totally scrummy!! Are you back in the UK yet En and if so, are you going to the NEC? Love to hook up if you are xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card, I bet your son loves it.

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Enfys this is stunning! And if James doesn't like this one, well then, I would just have to say maybe he's not a card person! I think you should give it to him along with a frame because it is a work of art! Thanks again for sharing your "artsy" talent! ... Margie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card!!! WOW, your son will love it too....this is so GREAT Enfys...I love how your mind thinks girlie!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Enfys! I'm lovin' the texture of the tree. It has a folk art feeling that is charming. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. You cards are always stunning, but this one is amazing. What a great idea for a card for my brother or my dad...wow, not too girlie but yet shows off some crafting ability. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is cool!!! Why can't I do that?!?! I know... my brain doesn't function that way. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just wanted you to know that I am now subscribing in my RSS. You may get an email that I unsubscribe...but I'm still with you, just in another way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enfys I just love the way you layered the shapes for your Christmas tree. You have such wonderful ideas and this is just stunning :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for a simple Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow "no bling, no cute hedgehogs or snowmen, and not a bit of glitter in sight!" and it still looks fantastic!!
    Love your work!

    My new 'challenge' blog is up and running If you want to come and look?
    It's Here

    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Enfys, where do you come up with all these fab ideas from!!!!
    I love it, you're so clever!
    Justine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yaah `Fast and `Funky` I say Enfys totally creative and beautiful:)~X~

    ReplyDelete
  15. WONDERFUL!! LOVE THE DESIGN AND THE WASSAIL PP. JAMES WILL LOVE IT..AND HE KNOWS UR ARTSY!!!!!!!! :) DAWN

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant! Doesn't think his Mum is artsy. What cheek!!!

    Joan
    Port St. Lucie
    HugsX

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x