Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 21 November 2008

Baby Snow Christmas Card


The card was cut from Wildcard in ice blue, then again in a snowflake pattern paper by DCWV at 5 1/4". I cut a nestabilities scallop circle in ice blue for the centre and attached the stamped image to that. The snowman, from Sparkle n Stamp was stamped twice, once on white and once on the snowflake pattern paper and his hat and scarf cut out of that. A pompom, epoxy snowflake brad and a liberal sprinkling of Martha Stewart coarse snow glitter and he was done. The bow was made using a little gadget called the Bowdabara from Michaels, I stuck a silver sequin snowflake and a rhinestone brad in the centre. It's a glittery little card, and I really like the effect.

One thing I am learning about Wildcard, is that almost all the cards look better if you cut the base card out on blackout first, then layer on top of that. That way, you don't get all those little score marks showing on the inside of your card. It really does have the most hopeless instruction book, but the results are so cute I am just learning as I go along. If you just want a plain envelope that will fit your card, cut on 'blackout' and the tiny notches showing you where to fold will still be there. I wish they would abandon that as the notches show when you crease the folds, especially if the back of your paper is white. I swipe a coordinating ink pad around the edges and that disguises the notches.

30 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, love the ribbon! good job! I will have to get that cartridge one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, love the ribbon! I'll have to get that cartridge....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Enfys This is adorable! I love the bow and you reminded me I bought a bowdabra about 5 years ago (never used it yet!)I must pop up to the attic see if I can find it! I'm with you on those score lines they are a nuisance but still a fab cart!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG He has melted my heart. I love this little snowman. You have done a great job on the card. Will have to check out this cart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just the sweetest little card ever! I think I'll have to break out the stamps today and caught up on some Christmas card making. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Enfys! This is so beautiful! I love it! You amaze me with your talents!!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, how sweet....I have a soft spot for snow people...wait, I've said that to you already....but oh well....I DO!!! LOL!!! I love this card Enfys!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Enfys, I love that little bow!! Don't make me buy one of those Bowdabra thingys!!!!! Have a fantastic weekend Enfys...
    Justine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly precious! BTW the pictures of your kids are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enfys,
    Pretty as always..I tagged you I hope you don't mind...Hop on over to play...Krista

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this card is so pretty.
    I think I need to get this cart! and a bowdabra!
    You create the best cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is beautiful! would make a lovely gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great card Enfys! Love your bow! looks like you've mastered making them. LOL! I find that sheer ribbons and thin ribbons make the best bows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! Love the bow and sparkle!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these card!!..love them... I am so excited...and a good kind of jealous that you are designing for the magazine...congrats congrats congrats.... I am so so so proud of you.
    Hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is just gorgeous En
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's gorge as always En. Love the fauxc snow andf th eimage btu I totally 'heart' that bow. Sorry to be a thickie (again!) but what's a bowdabra? I never saw one of these but I think I might have to investigate :))) Well you know I loves me ribbons just a bit lol xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enfys this is just so sweet! I can see you are loving that wild cart ;)
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful, so cute :)

    I have a wee award for you on my blog

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY ENFYS'
    I hope you have a wonderful day! I've been very naughty and not posted your card....but i have it on my blog for you :) Hope you get a minute to take a peep!

    BIG Birthday Hugs and Congrats on the news!! How exciting is 2009 going to be for you!!!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow great bow Enfy. I never heard of the gadget before.
    The whole card is just the sweetest. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sweet, love the colours to. Now must find out what a Bowdabara is.
    eileenpaul

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your work!!I wish my cards would come out like that. They always look like a 3 year old made them. But I will not give up, you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh W I love this card..I love the circle shape..and that snowman with all that glitter on!!!
    Hope your enjoying your weekend:)~X~

    ReplyDelete
  25. `Happy Birthday` Enfys...
    Have a lovely Day (((hugs)))):)~X~

    ReplyDelete
  26. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ENFY. yOUR GREETINGS FROM YOUR GRANDCHILDREN ARE WONDERFUL AND I AM SURE MADE YOUR DAY. lUV DEE uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. How did you do the bow on this? It is amazing

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x