Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 30 July 2008

Wedding/Anniversary Card


So for some reason I fancied making quite an elaborate glitzy sort of card and made this one, which could be used as a wedding or anniversary card. Don't ask me what dragonflies have to do with love and marriage, I don't know, just liked the cut!

I made a base card in white, 5" square and ran it through the cuttlebug using the textile folder. The gold frame was cut from mirri card, also at 5" using the stretch your imagination cartridge, and then I trimmed a sliver from each side of the inside square of gold, before adhering it to the centre of the card. The dragonfly (from doodlecharms) was cut twice from pearl vellum, and the body in white card. Ran the vellum through the cuttlebug, divine swirls folder and swiped an embossing pad over it, then brushed it with gold perfect pearls. I stamped the body with a swirly stamp and again applied perfect pearls. Finally the hearts were cut in white, then gold from the wedding cartridge.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Enfys what an exquisite card I love the white and gold perfect for a wedding or anniversary!

    juliex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enfys, I second that from Julie, absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! YOu are so clever!
    Justine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis very elaborate and glitzy and romantic and just totally and utterley fabulous xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dragonfly does work!!

    Fab colours - I have a some anniversary cards to make this week so good silver & gold inspiration - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Enfys, its really special.
    Thanks againb for being our guest designer last week
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of your cards are so beautiful. you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog! I LOVE the dragonfly wedding card!!!

    Thanks for entering me in your great rak!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enfys I think you make some of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. Please continue to share with us.

    Scrappydoo2 from the Cricut MB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look stunning! Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards...
    I will have to come back when I have more time....
    I think the gold looks perfect
    for a wedding...

    Denise.crosby

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x