Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 4 April 2008

DCM 5cms Challenge




Over at Daring Cardmakers this week, the dare is to make a card using no more than 5cms in total for the decorated area of the card (that's SMALL), plus you are allowed a sentiment. I decided that using the cuttlebug to emboss the background did not count, I used swiss dots which does not show in the photo. The umbrella stamp and sentiment are by Stampin Up. I cut the circle to 4cms, then used a 4.5cm scallop. I used a very narrow card, so the size of the image looks bigger.The scallop circle was done with nestabilities. I started to get quite stressed about this, making complicated calculations in cms, then decided that, hey, I was within the guidelines (give or take a teensy bit of red card!)

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous, you did a great job, I am struggling with this one, mine looks sooooo bare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, making the card slimmer really works! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! I like it very much. look my cards in my blog,
    www.tiina38.vuodatus.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering where you were :) I really like this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous as usual ! i love this !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colours, the black and red, so stunning!
    JudyNZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you've really thought this one through and used lots of little "tricks" to get the most out of the size limit - very clever of you. Great card, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, the black background makes it look really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is a great take for their Challenge Dawn...could do with that brollie over here:)lolx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card, I love the umbrella stamp - very pretty :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh what a stunner. Enfys you are just so blummin talented girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. I like the contrasting colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool card. I love the black and red together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous - the colours and the scalloped edge is great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x